Tools to Simplify Ruby on Rails App Development
- Rubocop is one of the best gems in ROR for developers because of its amazing features. Rubocop can be used to analyze code through the whole application.
- It can easily find out the bugs and errors in the code and also gives a detailed description of bugs/errors.
- Rubocop is a very useful tool to check the code grammar, variations, and other things as per ruby best practices and guidelines.
Reference Link: https://github.com/rubocop/rubocop
- Brakeman is also a very useful gem similar to Rubocop for developers. It is open-source security and vulnerability scanner for the ROR code, which tracks the bugs in coding standards as per security on the whole application or on a single file.
- It gives the list of possible issues in formatted table structure with the Filenames and line no. It also suggests which line of code needs to be modified.
- It Spots potential security vulnerabilities in the Rails application.
Reference Link: https://github.com/presidentbeef/brakeman
- Bullet is one of the best Gem to identify N+1 queries in Rails applications.
- It reduces the number of queries for processing and enables developers to decide when the counter cache is required by understanding the number of queries that the system is facing.
- It is a great ruby gem for handling the scaling requirements of the application.
- It also suggests telling when to use eager loading in the Rails applications.
Reference Link: https://github.com/flyerhzm/bullet
- Rspec is one of the outstanding Testing Tool in Rails applications. It is useful to write TestsCases for our functionalities before implementation tests and after implementation tests.
- Using Rspecs we can write all the possible examples / TestsCases for our functionalities to test whether our feature working or not. There are multiple matches available in Rspec that can be used to write examples/ TestsCases.
- In the rails app, there is a spec folder where we have to put all spec files containing Rspec scripts.
- We can execute Rspec tests for the whole application or a single file.
Reference Link: https://github.com/rspec/rspec-metagem
Conclusion: There many more useful Gems are available which can be used to increase ROR developers’ efficiency and productivity.